Sunday, April 22, 2007

In My Liverpool Home

the weather here in england has been absolutely gourgeous the last couple of weeks. today its raining again but oh well!
so to make the most of the nice weather tim and i went down to our famous liverpool waterfront/docks and i acted all touristy...taking photos, buying sweets and yummy homemade fudge!! it was a lovely evening.
some photos are below.


i have now been at university for a week and a half and i absolutely love it.
its a bit of information overload at the moment but with a bit of extra reading and studying i'll get the hang of it!

so in general i am doing really well at the moment. i finally made it to my church morning service today and it was exactly what i needed. i have found life getting so busy lately that God has been getting pushed out a bit and this morning is really when i realised it. as i dragged myself out of bed this morning i knew that today was for me. God met me where i was at throughout the morning and i am truly thankful!

 When I survey the wondrous cross
on which the Prince of Glory died;
my richest gain I count but loss,
and pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
save in the death of Christ, my God;
all the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to his blood.

See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
sorrow and love flow mingled down.
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
or thorns compose so rich a crown.

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
that were an offering far too small;
love so amazing, so divine,
demands my soul, my life, my all.

until next time...

1 Comments:

At 5:35 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!
holy cow, remember that one time when we went to china and we talked about notting hill all the time? i know i do. i've been thinking about you tons! i hope that all goes well with school and such! miss you tons, email me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home