Friday, September 15, 2006

Loren, 100 Hours And Work

well, it seems a while ago now but just over a week ago i went with a bunch of friends to hear the great loren cunningham (founder of ywam) speak at a local church here in my home city!!! he actually had some really great things to say especially about missions and the uk!
also, a big highlight of the night was having 100 hours lead worship. it was fantastic!
i realised that it really is true that once a ywam-er, always a ywam-er!!!

lets see, i have been working quite alot which has been hard work but good. i feel like i am getting into a bit more of a routine now and getting the hang of how to do various things. the routine in the home is exactly the same every day so ive just about got that down now!
i am really enjoying being round the residents, they really make me chuckle sometimes. it is really hard to stay somewhat detatched because they are a big part of my days and i really care about them!
this job makes me really appreciate my days off though!!!

so i have realised that i am an absolute soap (as in tv) addict. not only do i watch all the programs that i have always loved in england, now there are the ones such as csi and law and order: svu that i was introduced to in canada!! i am even sad enough to go on the websites to see whats going to happen!!! oh well, what can you do really?!

well, i think thats about all for now. not really anything too interesting to report at this moment in time...other than the fact, as i mentioned earlier, for all you ywam-ers reading this, that i did see loren cunningham in the flesh and when i mentioned i was just in ywam vancouver, we had a conversation about randy and then he asked me to go to hawaii..haha!!!

until next time...

5 Comments:

At 7:32 am , Blogger jamie said...

wow i'm impressed! You TALKED to the big L!! I answered the phone once when he called :) (probably heard that story a million times but its all i got - and YES ralph we know you ate with him at montannas or wherever....)

Anyway rach all i can say is long live SVU and never stop watching! I've got a new show - the nine... hasn't even started yet but it starts in 2 weeks and i am obsessed with the preview.

miss you lots
jamie

 
At 4:52 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

firstly
I also have talked to loren when I was in Arkansas, he was talking about sheep in scotland or something...whatever Loren.

secondly
SVU is lame... I am bored with it...Don't listen to Jamie.

thirdly
I think its hilarious that you have grouped svu and csi in with soaps. Soaps in N.America are so differnt from svu and csi. Jessi and I were watching 5 mins of corination street today...I think that was the longest I have ever watched it. I certainly dont miss it. r u a corrie fan?

Fourthly
I think Jamie is nuts when it comes to tv...how can she be obsessed with a show when it hasnt even been on tv yet? psycho.

Fifthly (that sounds weird)

I miss having you around Rach!

 
At 10:06 pm , Blogger jamie said...

EXcuse me! All i have to say is that Mike doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to TV.

But i do have to agree that i thought it was funny that you grouped svu in with soaps.. come on rach i thought i knew you better than that....

 
At 10:38 pm , Blogger Kristina said...

rachy pooh! how can you resist the Loren? Hawaii is obviously your calling.
its not the same in vancouver with you gone!

 
At 1:27 am , Blogger My Engedi said...

wow. if only Loren knew how cool he was. oh wait. he probably does. anyways...i hope all is still going well, Rachel! let us know. maybe post something with words next time, k? lol.
<3 you...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home