Thursday, September 07, 2006

Work And Friends

i realise that i havent posted for quite a while a i sincerely apologise for that as i know how it feels when you go to a persons blog faithfully and they never update!!!
anyway, as many of you will know i got a job in a nursing home and i started last monday!
i could not believe how tired i was after just a 6 hour shift, i mean all those months in dts and i had to take a nap after 6 hours!!
my first day was really hard, i wasnt sure if it was really wanted to do anymore but i stuck it out and went in on tuesday and it was awesome. the seniors that i was working with and the other staff were great, really helpful and a real laugh!
i have experienced things and done things that i never thought i would but i wont expand on that here!
its really nice to be working again, having some sort of routine again. i found that i was beginning to get a bit lazy just being home all day most days!

i have certainly been very blessed with a great group of friends since being back.
i have joined in the friday night cell group that they run and we generally hang out any time a bunch of us are free...including a beer tasting night on saturday which should be good!
we also have a sunday night "meeting" at a local pub which is rather enjoyable!!

i have to say congratualtions to my friends jessi and mike oates (friends from vancouver) on the birth of their baby boy, kael asher! i miss you lots!

i will do my best to update more frequently..

until next time...

4 Comments:

At 1:41 am , Blogger jamie said...

hey rach good to hear from you. I understand what you mean about having routine again.. i am finding that out as well and it's actually nice! Love you lots and miss yoU!!!

 
At 5:32 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, reading your blog made me cry - it made me miss you so much. I wish you were here to share in the excitement, and bring peace in the chaos and frustrations!!...i have a new computer - very fancy with a widescreen flatscreen...complete with stereo speakers, etc. It's amazing. I also have a HOUSE - a complete and full HOUSE!! I have a backyard, a frontyard, a garage, a guestroom, a laundry room, a garden, a driveway...etc. All we need is another female roomate upstairs! OH HOW I WISH YOU WOULD COME BACK!! You would LOVE this house. No other roomate has compared to living with you! I miss you, my Rachy, my sister, my friend!

 
At 10:56 am , Blogger Angela Oliver said...

rachel
wow - you are in a whole new world.
crazy!
love you to bits

 
At 9:26 pm , Blogger Lindsey said...

rach, it's good to hear from you! congratulations on your new job! i hope it gets better and better! love you
lindsey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home