Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Snowboarding and Dance

i have just watched a video on facebook of the lovely sophia and eleanor dancing the most beautiful dances to the most beautiful music with their wonderful parents cheering them on...
it took me back to my snowboarding days on grouse mountain in vancouver. words cannot express how much i miss the freedom of taking off to the mountain and feeling like i was dancing my very own dance with God. it was just me and Him. sometimes i would fall but i would get back up and keep going because i was being cheered on by the best encourager that has ever existed.
i miss vancouver.
i miss grouse mountain.
i miss snowboarding.
i miss my ywam family.

i would leave my mark in the snow as i 'danced' down the white terrain and as i rode back up the mountain on the chair lift i would try and look to see if my mark was still visable.. i wonder what leaving my mark looks like these days? im not really sure. i have a longing inside to be doing something more but just need to figure out what that looks like...

im not even sure if anyone reads these anymore its been so long since i posted but anyway, until next time...

4 Comments:

At 2:18 am , Blogger Stu Bish said...

there was 20cm of powder today. I got up for a couple of hours. it was great... We miss you too.

 
At 4:45 am , Blogger Emily Deu said...

thanks for sharing Rach! Miss you!

 
At 10:22 pm , Blogger Angela Oliver said...

Well said Rachel!!! I loved the "making a mark" analogy.

I too miss Vancouver, and the YWAM famiy, etc. It's so hard to create that kind of family outside of that world. Amazing the things you can do when you are of one mind, and Spirit. That's what I miss most - is the belief that you can DO ANYTHING. Just do it!!

I guess that's not supposed to change, but when you have a group of family around you, all supporting you, and knowing when you are trying to flake out, and encouraging you that you can do it cause God said so- even when all odds are against you - there's no way you can't overcome anything!!! And God changes you so much through it all!

How do we create that family in our church?

Also, we received your package in the mail - thank you so much, and for keeping us connected. You looked amazing on your wedding day!

 
At 11:48 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should keep writing on your blog, you say some beautiful things.

Tim xxxxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home