Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Still

i heard this song for the first time last night during a worship time at the international students ministry i am involved in.

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

it spoke to right where i was at. it was exactly the place where i longed to be, finding rest and being still before God, and yet i was so far from it with no idea how to get there. my brain is continually thinking about the next thing i need to do and everything else i have to get done before i leave on monday that i never just stop and just be and i cant keep going for very long when im not consistently spending time with God.
we had a time of quiet at the end of the worship time and for the first time in a long time i was able to quieten my heart and be "still"! i felt God's arms wrap around me like a blanket and i was safe and still and at rest even though i was in a room full of people.
i was challenged to take at least 10 minutes a day to just be still and quiet before God. i did that this morning and it was a beautiful thing and it certainly got my day off on the right foot!!

i had an interesting conversation with a friend about quiet times/devotion times. i dont know if its like this for you but i know it is for me...when ever i have too much to do or im rushed in the morning, the quiet time, the bible reading etc is the first thing to go! why is that? its the best thing to start my day with and i toss it out...it just doesnt make any sense!! a shower and a cup of coffee is what usually happens and a conversation with God on my walk to work. actually, its not usually a conversation, its usually me rambling on about one thing or another and often i dont wait for a response i just carry on with the next thing i have to do!

i think i have been challenged on enough things to keep me going for a while so im going to end here. especially as the clock has turned itself round to being way past my bedtime!!!
if youve managed to read this far...thank you!!!

until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home