Monday, November 14, 2005

O Canada

it was the rememberence day service at church yesterday and i think it is actually the first one i have been to since being in canada for one reason or another.
anyway, for as long as i can remember, rememberence sunday for me has always been important. it was always an honour for me, as a girl guide, to carry my countrys flag into church, to stand as we sung our national anthem and lay a remeberence wreath at the memorial.
im not sure what it is about singing my national anthem but i always get emotional.
yesterday we sang the canadian national anthem, "O Canada" and it hit me again that canada is home. i love this country and feel proud to sing these words...

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

canada will always have a very special place in my heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home